26 May 2012

Art of Tangled and Art of Brave!

Can I say how much I love this sort of book?  Just look at the covers below!  (both courtesy of amazon.com)  Fun right?

I give both of these a 5 out of 5 on the scale. 

I absolutely love the movie Tangled.  I've watched it a somewhat unhealthy amount of times and my favorite part of the movie is easily the design/art aspect.  This book goes into the process of creating the world of Tangled.  Filled with breathtaking work and interesting stories, I can say this is one my favorite books to turn to.  I've flipped through these pages many, many times since I first purchased it over a year ago.  The book goes into the design element of the backgrounds and individual characters.  For instance at one point "Flynn" was a very large, strong knight and another version he had hair that is longer than Rapunzel's at the end of the movie! 

To say that I love this book, is a bit of an understatement.  I even purchased a print found in this book when I was in Disneyland early this month.  This one in fact (just click onto this website if interested):


The Art of Brave book contained a similar experience.  From the moment I first saw the trailer, I knew that I would be purchasing such a book if they made one.  I won't go into this one too much since the movie hasn't come out and the book is full of spoilers.  Just say I loved it and I'm looking forward to the movie!

1 comment:

  1. The Art of Tangled is an amazing book! I own it as well <3 Glad you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete