24 December 2012

Everneath

Everneath by Brodi Ashton 2 out of 5 stars

I was surprised actually that I didn't like this one.  The Persephone myth is another one of those classic tales that I find fascinating and this was a modern take.

At least told me that it was.  That was at least partially true, but I thought that some of its mythological roots were lost in translation.  I just know at I didn't really like it.  Perhaps it was because it tries to combine too many underworld myths.  Perhaps it was because Nikki's character annoyed me to no end.  Perhaps it was because pretty much every person had believed that Nikki's character had disappeared to rehab for six months, even though prior to that she had absolutely no history of alcohol or drugs.  Perhaps it was because the live triangle (in many ways it is more of a square) was too forced for me to believe.  I just never could get into the story.  I always felt detached as the reader, which is frankly something I'm not used to experiencing.

I won't be recommending this one and I don't plan on reading its upcoming sequels.

No comments:

Post a Comment