29 March 2012

Tales of Brierley


Anita Stansfield is a LDS fiction writer who specializes in LDS romances.  What makes this series different is that it is in a period setting, starting in the U.K. (England and Scotland) and moving on to the U.S. as the main characters join the Church and head west.  My least favorite of the series was the last book, In the Valley of the Mountains, mainly because I had issues relating to the main character – she was just too blind to the truth and too judgmental for my tastes, but I honestly adored Jamie.  

Towers of Brierley was the first book written and I think is my favorite of the bunch with an original plot (though I did figure out the big reveal before the half-way point of the book, I still found the journey enjoyable).

Shadows of Brierley are as series of sequels following the children of some of the main characters from Towers.  

If you are a fan of Anita Stansfield, I would definitely recommend these.  If you want some clean romance, go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment