27 February 2017

Books, books, lovely books!


A book unread
Waiting
The pages expectant
Word upon word
Line upon line
Pages formed
Chapters brought forth
A new tale
A new story
Unlike any before it
Waiting
Wanting to be told
Wanting to be read
Needing to be opened
The writer created
But without a reader
It is meaningless, only
Waiting
For the characters to breathe
To feel
To live
Lives waiting to be told
But for now
Waiting
Someone to come
Daring to believe
Daring to try
Bringing them to life

"Expectant" - 2/27/2017

* * *

A new year means new book goals!  Last year I was able to read to read 118 books and I set a new goal for 100 books this year.  I primarily read young adult books with an emphasis on the fantasy, sci-fi and dystopian sub-genres.  This year I'm attempting to branch out a bit more and I'm using a reading challenge to help me get some more variety.

I have a large stack of books that are still unread in my room (books are my weakness) that I want to work through in addition to the challenge off to the right.  In a separate blog entry I will keep track of the books I read as well as the ones that fulfill the various challenges.  For now, I want to be able to explore new worlds, discover new friends, and reacquaint myself with old ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment