27 February 2017

The one time I really dyed my hair

This picture was about a few days into it.
Going through the pictures on my phone, I was reminded of this one time.  Back in May 2015, I decided to experiment a little.  I went ahead and dyed my hair with a temporary dye.  The idea was something I had been playing around with for years (the most I had ever done before was some highlights, back in the 2008-2010 era) and since I had finished school for the year I had decided to just go for it.

I also learned the hard way that having natural blonde hair can make it so that temporary dyes are not so temporary.  The dye was supposed to last 2-3 washes, roughly 2-6 days.  I still had red in my hair over a month later.   Just make sure you know what you're getting into!  I had timed it well so that I had over a month before I started working again and I had just finished school, so there was plenty of playing room. Reactions were definitely varied, since I hadn't really warned anyone that I was going to do so beforehand haha.

But it was fun!  I wouldn't say no to dying my hair a bold color again, though I would go a different route in doing so and switch it up with a different color.

No comments:

Post a Comment